There’s something dramatic about smoky cocktails that makes the drinker go, “Oh Wow”. But how do you make these beauties? How do you infuse smoke into the cocktail? Here we’ve got a list of 5 smoky cocktails that Fall would be incomplete without. Check out!
And we’ll give you meticulous steps to achieve the smokiness.
Also, don’t forget to buy liquor online from Liquor Wine Time!
Smoked Old Fashioned
You’ve probably had Old Fashioned many times. But that doesn’t mean we can’t take it up a notch and make it smoke like a dragon. The smokiness adds extra flavor to the drink that reminds you of burnt sugar and fruit.
- ½ tsp water
- 1 sugar cube (1 teaspoon sugar)
- 2 oz. bourbon whiskey (buy bourbon whiskey from the online liquor store—Liquor Wine Time)
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- One large ice cube
- Orange peel and cocktail cherry for garnish
- Smoking gun
- First, put a cube of sugar in a lowball glass.
- Next, add Angostura bitters to the cube of sugar.
- Place a cocktail cherry and orange peel in the same lowball glass.
- Fill the glass with smoke from the smoking gun and cover the glass with a larger glass or pitcher. You are smoking the cocktail cherry and orange peel here.
- Wait for 2 minutes, then lift the larger glass to release the smoke.
- Then fill the glass with smoke again for another 2 minutes. Release again.
- Remove the orange peel and cherry.
- Add water to this sugar cube and muddle it until it is completely dissolved.
- Now it’s time to add the bourbon whiskey.
- Swirl to combine the mixture.
- Add the large ice cube.
- Squeeze this orange peel to release its oils.
- Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass, garnishing with a cocktail cherry.
- Fill the glass again with smoke and cover it with the larger glass. Wait for 2 minutes, lift the larger glass and release the smoke. Voila! Your Old Fashioned has begun to smoke.
Smoky Lemon and Rosemary Gin and Tonic
Smoked lemons. Now how does that taste, if not Mediterranean? This humble gin and tonic just got a major flavor upheaval. The recipe makes one. Buy liquor online from us.
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1⁄2 oz agave simple syrup
- 2 oz gin
- 2–3 rosemary sprigs
- 3–4 oz tonic
- Heat a stainless steel or cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Place the lemons cut-side down and cook it until it is well-charred.
- Leave for 2 minutes and allow to cool.
- Finally, you need to muddle the charred lemons, rosemary, and simple syrup in a rocks glass.
- Add the gin and ice
- Top off with tonic and serve.
Smoked Watermelon and Jalapeno Margarita
The key ingredient here is hickory-smoked salt, which is quite different from the other smoked cocktails above. Sweet watermelon and spicy jalapeno make this quite a unique concoction. Don’t search for a “liquor store near me”, order conveniently online from liquor wine time.
- 1 jalapeño, cut into strips
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1⁄2 oz agave simple syrup
- 2 oz mezcal or tequila
- 2-3 cubes of fresh watermelon
- In a cocktail shaker, add the jalapeno and watermelon. Muddle them both.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Time to expend some energy. Shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled smoked hickory salt-rimmed glass and serve.
Smoky as hell with no nasty consequences, enjoy this special treat on a cold autumn afternoon. As before, you can buy liquor online from us.
- ½ inch-wide strip lemon zest
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- 2 oz. gin
- 1 oz. dry white vermouth
- Mix the gin, liquid smoke, vermouth, and ice in a shaker.
- Stir vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
- Hold the lemon zest couple of inches above the martini. Make sure the shiny side is down.
- Squeeze the lemon zest to release the essential oils.
- Then lightly char the peel by striking a match and charring it.
- Then serve after dropping the zest into the martini.
The dragon’s breath cocktail, Is a liquid revelation for the uninitiated. Use the smoking gun for this as well! Purchase liquor online from the convenience of your home.
- 1 tbsp mesquite sawdust
- 1 tsp Cointreau
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 1 tsp St. Germain
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1 large brandy snifter with a coaster
- A Smoking Gun fitted with a smoking tube and loaded with mesquite sawdust.
- Place the sawdust in the Smoking Gun.
- Light it up. Relax! It takes a couple of tries to get familiar with this method.
- Invert the brandy snifter with one hand and hold it.
- Place the smoker tube in the glass with the other hand.
- Fill the snifter with smoke until you can’t see through the glass.
- Turn the glass over and cover it with a coaster. You do this to hold the smoke in.
- Place 1 cup of ice cubes in a bar shaker.
- Add the bourbon, St. Germain, Cointreau, and syrup and flex your muscles for a quick stir taking around 20 seconds.
- Uncover the snifter and immediately strain the cocktail into it.
- Serve at once, with the smoke still rising from the glass.
Enjoy these smoky delicacies and tell us how they taste in the comments below. Don’t forget to buy liquor online from us!
Image Source: www.d1omecegou7wuo.cloudfront.net www.mensjournal.comhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.comwww.acouplecooks.com